Ampersand is one of the UK’s leading interior design studios, based in Edinburgh’s beautiful, historic New Town. Due to volume of work we are seeking a confident, enthusiastic mid-heavyweight interior designer to join our busy, friendly team.
You will be experienced in working on high-end projects from concept through to on-site installation both independently and as part of a team, with the following skills:
- Excellent knowledge of FF&E design, specification, sourcing and procurement; with an eye for detail and a passion for colour, texture and pattern.
- A good working knowledge of soft furnishings including measuring, instructing workrooms and installation.
- Highly proficient in CAD – ideally with knowledge of Vectorworks, SketchUp and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of EstiPC will be an advantage.
- Comfortable working with architectural plans along with strong technical knowledge of interior architectural elements, lighting, furniture, joinery and sanitary ware.
- Excellent organisational skills in estimating, managing project budgets and schedules as well as co-ordinating suppliers, trades and contractors.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to forge strong relationships with both suppliers and especially with clients.
If this is you and you are also a conscientious, multi-tasker who works efficiently under pressure across a number of projects please send your CV, portfolio and a persuasive covering letter to: email@example.com
This is a full-time, permanent position based in our Edinburgh showroom.